Skip to main content

Leave a Gift in Your Will

Here are some ways that you can support KidStart in your will.

Leave a Gift in your Will:

After your family is taken care of, a gift in your will is a wonderful way to help children and youth living in your community while providing tax savings for your estate. When you decide to write your will, we recommend meeting with a legal professional to help ensure your wishes are clear and easy for your executor to carry out.

To leave a gift in your will, you will need the following information:

Legal Name: PLEA Community Services Society of BC
Address: 3894 Commercial Street, Vancouver, BC V5N 4G2
Charitable registration number: 10781 0467 RR0001

If you are planning to leave a gift to KidStart in your will, or just want more information, please contact us below.

Gifts of Securities:

Many people have securities with appreciated value. Selling them can subject you to significant capital gains. After talking to your financial planner, consider donating publicly traded stocks to PLEA to support the delivery of vital programs for children and youth in your community.

A donation of publicly traded stocks that have appreciated in value will eliminate the capital gains tax and will provide you with a charitable tax credit. The combined tax savings can be significant.

Gift of Life Insurance:

There are three ways to do this:

  • Purchase a new policy in PLEA Community Services name. You’ll receive a charitable tax receipt for the cash value of the policy and for any premiums you pay.
  • Name PLEA Community Services as the beneficiary of an existing policy. This is a good option if you and your family no longer need the policy. Upon your passing, PLEA receives the proceeds of the policy and your estate receives the tax benefits.
  • Transfer ownership of an existing policy and receive a charitable tax receipt for the value of the policy. If you still owe premiums, you can also receive tax receipts for premiums paid.
Yes, I’d like to get more information on how to give a gift in my will
Skip to content